Many headed back to work today with a sense of dread. Maybe they stayed up late last night watching the Super Bowl (congrats, Peyton – I’ve been a fan for many, many years!). Maybe they drank a little too much and are facing a horrible hangover. Maybe they’re nervous because the boss expects a project on his desk first thing this morning.
Instead of complaining that it’s Monday, I’m thankful. Let me tell you why:
- I’m thankful my kids awoke healthy.
- I’m thankful I had an opportunity to assemble with God’s people yesterday.
- I’m thankful my wife safely arrived at a job she dearly loves.
- I’m thankful I get to spend some time with friends this afternoon.
- I’m thankful I have another opportunity to let my light shine before others.
- I’m thankful my health permitted me to get out of bed this morning.
- I’m thankful I have another opportunity to draw closer to God.
- I’m thankful I have a God in heaven who will bless me regardless of what Monday holds.
- I’m thankful I’m one day closer to spending an eternity with my Lord.
- I’m thankful that Monday morning (and every morning) is a fresh start with endless opportunities.
Maybe Mondays aren’t so bad after all! God bless!