Denominationalism vs. Biblical Undenominational Christianity
- Many bodies or churches.
- Founded by men.
- Human heads.
- Human creeds.
- Wear human names.
- Follow men.
- A multiplicity of churches unknown to the Bible.
- Membership in denomination is not essential to salvation.
- Preach many gospels.
- Rewrite creeds every few years.
- Many faiths.
- Many baptisms.
- Join churches.
- Walk by different rules.
- Thank God for many churches.
- Claim doctrine is inconsequential.
- One body or church (Matt 16:18; 1 Cor 12:20).
- Founded by Christ (Matt 16:18).
- Christ is the head (Eph 1:22-23).
- Bible is the only creed (2 Tim 3:16-17).
- Glorify God in the name Christian (1 Pet 4:16).
- Following men is condemned (1 Cor 1:10-13).
- Mentioned in the Bible (Rom 16:16).
- Membership in Christ’s church is essential to salvation (Eph 5:23).
- Only one gospel (Gal 1:8-9).
- Bible remains the same (Matt 24:35).
- One faith (Eph 4:5).
- One baptism (Eph 4:5).
- God adds to “the church” (Acts 2:47).
- Walk by the same rule (Phil 3:16).
- Jesus prayed for one church (Jn 17:20-21).
- Must take heed to doctrine (1 Tim 4:16).
This Bible class was originally taught by Dr. Justin Imel, Sr., at the Dale Ridge church of Christ in Roanoke, Virginia.