Applying 1 Peter 4:12-19 | Notes on the Petrine Epistles
- Peter tells us that we should not be surprised at the fiery ordeal which comes upon us.
- “Fiery ordeal” stands for persecution.
- Why do you think some Christians are so shocked when persecution coms upon them?
- In what way(s) have you suffered persecution.
- The “fiery ordeal” comes upon us to prove us.
- In what way(s) has persecution tested you?
- In what way(s) are you better because you were persecuted?
- We are to rejoice when we suffer.
- How can Christians rejoice when they are persecuted?
- In what way(s) can Christians show they rejoice in persecution?
- We Christians are not to suffer as criminals or busybodies.
- What are some ways Christians could be criminals? Why would Christians suffer for being criminals?
- What are some ways Christians could be busybodies? Why would Christians suffer for being busybodies?
- Those who suffer as Christians should not be ashamed. What are some way(s) Christians could be ashamed of their persecution?
- How can Christians glorify God for suffering as a Christian?
- What will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
- How can Christians entrust their souls to God?
- How does God show himself faithful?
This Bible class was originally taught by Dr. Justin Imel, Sr., at the Owingsville church of Christ in Owingsville, Kentucky.